There are several books in the "God Gave Us" series by Lisa Tawn Bergren. I have a few of them and I really like those that I have. God Gave Us Easter is one I picked up just a few days ago and I love the simple way it explains seemingly hard things as well as the profound analogies and images that have stayed in my head after reading this book to my kids.
If you know me very well, you know I love rivers. I've written about river analogies before and the one in this book confirms both the spiritual significance of my past experience and the correctness of the comparison and adds to it. In God Gave Us Easter Papa Bear explains mortality and eternity with the analogy of rivers running into the ocean: "The river ends, but it spreads into something even bigger. Heaven is like the ocean for us. Because God gave us Easter, we can be a part of Something Bigger..."
I was also pleasantly surprised to see the book end with Papa Bear telling his cub that he can hear Jesus when he listens with his heart. Because LDS Primary children are learning the song "If I Listen with My Heart" this year, it was amazing to have a second witness of the truthfulness of this from an unexpected source.
I know that some of you are thinking, "Jolly good this does me now that Easter is over," or, "I'll put this on the list for next year." I'll give you all a little tip: this book is, as of this second I'm typing this, 55% off and less than $5 at Amazon. Don't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!