Thursday, March 31, 2016

Lewis & Clark - Favorite Resources

In case anyone is thinking of doing a unit study on Lewis and Clark, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite resources.


The cover should give away why I love this book so much. Patricia Eubank's books always have adorable illustrations of Newfies! More than that, though, this book reads like short journal entries of the expedition written by Seaman, Meriwether Lewis's faithful, furry companion.


Another great book with fabulous illustrations, this one with short excerpts from the actual journal entries of the expedition.


If you're wanting to do a more extensive unit on L&C, this is a good book to use. The reading material is more for parents, or much older kids, but the activities are hands-on fun for kids.


This is an excellent film that was created for the 200th anniversary of the expedition.


I see there are now several games based on the Lewis & Clark adventure. This is one I bought many years ago. In this one players make the journey on the board, with beads to earn and lose and trade based on your knowledge of the expedition.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!