Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Caucus Video Aids

Last night I attended the Republican Caucus with my 18-year-old. I have to say that it was really great to have him with me, participating in the process together and also discussing issues and observations both during and afterward. Sometimes I lament the "little years" being over and my kids growing up, but I am really loving the intelligent adults they're becoming and appreciating the grown up conversations.

We've learned a lot about government and elections in the past few months, and especially after watching several of both parties' debates, ALL of my kids are following the Primary results with interest and eagerness. I get updates of all sorts from them as they see headlines in our local paper and also the Washington Post that is automatically on their Kindles.  

So, Utah operates its electoral process with a caucus. The best way to understand a caucus is to attend one, but I did find a couple of videos to share with my kids about it. 







Also, there is a ton of comparative information on "Caucus v. Primary" on Diffen. It's a little outdated, though, as Utah isn't listed as one of the caucusing states.


Teach and involve your kids in everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!