Friday, March 25, 2016

The Easter Table

One of my children's favorite Easter traditions is the making and eating of Resurrection Rolls. (Super easy:  wrap a ball of thawed frozen roll dough around a large marshmallow, pinch ends together well, place on a greased cookie sheet, brush top with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, bake. These are awesome visual, edible reminders of an empty tomb.) We've often had these for breakfast Easter morning before church, but when there is 9:00 a.m. Sacrament Meeting, I sometimes move them to the dinner menu.


Since this is one of those 9:00 a.m. years, and with an 8:30 choir practice, I need something already prepared. But cold cereal (the usual Sunday breakfast) is so lame for Easter morning. Enter the French Toast Easter Bake and Scripture Scavenger Hunt from My Computer is My Canvas that is a great way to get the kids involved preparing a meaningful Easter morning breakfast the night before. I can't wait to try it!




I'm also excited to make some place settings for our Easter table using the M&M Easter Legend tags, also free from My Computer is My Canvas.  (I also sent this to my missionary and his companion and made some for the sisters I visit teach.)



The last 10 months of my life have been a series of unexpected events and I have been handicapped in so many ways. I'm super thankful that others share their ideas so that when there is a year like this has been I can still pull off some fun and meaningful holiday touches at the last minute.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!