A couple of weeks ago I posted about Meet the Mormons, a film that has now been in theaters in the United States for a week (coming in at #10 in the box office opening weekend!). My children and I just returned from seeing it this afternoon and I cannot plead loudly enough for everyone to GO SEE THIS FILM! It is currently showing in 44 of the 50 states, and if it's not playing at a theater near you, you can request a screening.
There are many misunderstandings and false preconceived notions about members of the LDS church and what we believe. Some of it is kind of funny, and some of it not. There are also people who truly know nothing about us. Some people who do know some things have questions, too, that they may not know who to ask, or maybe they're worried about asking. This fantastic film gives you a sincere and honest look inside the worship and lives of real Mormons. You get to see real people and find out who they are, what they believe, why they do the things they do, and how they do them.
This isn't a preachy film. At all. But it does touch your heart. Whether you're wanting to know about the LDS faith, or you're just wanting to see something truly uplifting for a change, PLEASE treat yourself to this film. You'll be glad you did!
And if anyone reading this has any questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or its members, I am more than willing to answer them.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!