Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Of Doors and Keys, Prayer and Faith



I inherited an old box of music from my mother-in-law when she made a long-distance move. Every now and then I go through the stack. It's interesting to me how one piece will mean nothing to me one month, but then really catch my eye another. This month, as we have been studying to topic of faith, I was delighted to come across a gem written by Samuel T. Scott and Robert L. Sande. Here are the words.

Prayer is the key to Heaven,
But faith unlocks the door;
Words are so easily spoken,
A prayer without faith, is like a boat without an oar.
Have faith, when you speak to the Master,
That's all He asks you for,
Yes, prayer is the key to Heaven, 
But faith unlocks the door.


This is a poem to memorize!

I've also shared another great song with my whole family that I have been teaching to the Primary children in my ward. This was published in the Friend in 2007. I have turned more and more to music from the Friend recently as there are some fantastic pieces in there to teach doctrine, build faith, and also to mix things up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!