First, I read a few picture books for example and inspiration...because picture books are awesome!
I'm not going to write an art tutorial because you can go here to find that. I did switch it up a bit, though, so I'll explain that. Instead of painted paper for the weaving, we used patterned scrapbooking paper as was originally done at Cutting Tiny Bites. And instead of a green frame, we used black so we could use pastels on a nighttime background to create our story settings. (I love, love to use pastels on black paper, so I'm always looking for a reason to do it!)
Here is a closeup of mine, all finished. I even add the Big Dipper to my sky!
Here are all of the finished characters.
I'm a huge proponent of CCCW--Cross Curricular Creative Writing. Go here to see another fun example perfect for this time of year.



No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!