The past few years I have enjoyed occasionally listening to Brad Wilcox's talk, "What Do You Get for Being a Mormon? A Better Education." I was reminded of it this past month as my daughter participated in a children's choir for a Veterans Day concert. It was a program for the community, but it was sponsored and directed by our stake and held at our church. It was one of many occasions where there were noticeable blessings for being a Mormon.
You see, my daughter loves all things music. She sings and whistles and plays the piano all the day long. She has been involved in some choirs and productions in the past, but directors in these organizations have moved on and/or timing ceased to work for us and so this year there is a hole in her life. I have wanted to provide other opportunities for her, but it's not in my budget at this time and so she and I both have been mourning the loss.
But, never fear, the Lord provides! Through church we have found musical opportunities that cost us nothing but time we are very willing to give. I'm sure many churches provide similar opportunities, but as we relished the wonderful Veterans Day program, I was extra glad for what I get for being a Mormon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!