A few years ago I wrote a homeschooler's version of the Thanksgiving hymn "Come, Ye Thankful People." Originally published in LDSNHA's The Sentinel, it's been a good, long time since I've read it. Proverbially dusting it off today I was reminded of the specific blessings of homeschooling that I am especially thankful for.
Come, Ye Thankful Homeschoolers
By Sasha Takis
Come, ye thankful families come;
Raise the song of school at home.
All are safely nestled in
Ere the culture storms begin.
God, our Maker, doth bestow
More edifying seeds to sow.
Come, learn in your temple, come;
Raise the song of school at home.
Education is God’s own,
Fruit of knowledge is his throne.
Not of the world, but in it dwell,
Gathered at home, all is well.
Free to choose the means and source,
The shape of our eternal course.
Lord of wisdom, grant that we
Understand veracity.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!