Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Cup Runneth Over with the Spirit of Temples

Like David of old, sometimes my heart is so full of gratitude and inspiration and the Spirit that I want to sing and shout acclamation. Psalm 23 is both a reverent psalm and a joyous one (and if you want a real treat, you need to listen to Spencer Forsey sing "The Lord is My Shepherd" from Liken's film David & Goliath).



Today was the rededication of the Ogden Temple. Our stake center was an extension of the temple as we watched the dedication via satellite. This is the second temple in just two years that my entire family has been able to participate in the dedication of all together.  It is such a wonderful feeling for a mother to be in such a sacred place with all of her children there with her!  The spirit and messages of the dedication were powerful and touching today and it was truly a celestial experience so big and beautiful that "my cup runneth over."

Also beautiful is the Ogden Temple itself.  A few weeks ago we went to the open house to tour the renovated temple and it was breathtaking, both in the architecture, design, and furnishings, and in the awesome and reverent feeling the walls house.  It was over too quickly and I so wanted to linger.  I can't wait to go back now that it's dedicated!

I LOVE this church!  I love temples!

Families are forever.
Thank God for temples!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!