Friday, March 10, 2017

"Dare to Do Right" in Primary



The Primary song for March is "Stand for the Right" but since we learned that last year we're adding a new dimension. We are going to sing Susan Slough's "Stand for the Right/Dare to Do Right" medley.

Last week I introduced "Dare to Do Right" with Dare Girl and Dare Boy. I created the symbol pictured above to be like a Superman symbol. I brought capes (dishtowels) and pinned printed symbols to the front of one girl and one boy. We talked about the meaning of the word dare (have the courage to do something) and how superheroes are supposed to be courageous in doing the right thing. Then I wrote some of the words of the song on the chalkboard (not word for word, but key words and phrases) and we started singing. Every time we sang "dare," Dare Girl and Dare Boy were supposed to pump a fist in the air.

This next week I'm going to share the medley with the kids (though probably just Senior Primary at this point). I'll let them listen to the medley with this video. First, though, I'll show the original video it came from so it has full meaning:


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!