Friday, March 10, 2017

Big Thumbs Up for NATURE BOOM TIME

A couple of months ago I came across a gem of a resource. Since I can't get my kids to the Everglades right now (no matter how awesome a field trip that would be and how much I would love to do it) I wanted some good video to watch while we learned about it, and I didn't want to have to pay for it. 

My YouTube search found me a fantastic miniseries that not only helped with our study of the Everglades but also with our entire Biology and Ecology units. Here is the series trailer, which is good to watch because it explains how the series came to be.


There are 14 videos in the series. Additionally, there are "Yeah Buddy, Friday" videos that have some interesting behind-the-scenes, preparation, and epic cross-country trip documentary.

What I love about this is that the Nature Boom Time videos are quality. They are interesting, informative, creative, and energetic. I am blown away (there's the boom part!) by the paper craft inserted for explanation. The time, work, and love that went into that!!! I also love that this is a brother and sister (and their best friend) taking on something huge together. 

It's no wonder Nature Boom Time won an award from and was picked up by National Geographic.

If you like Charlie and Kirby and what they do, they have also done some other DIY videos about other subjects.  Just head to World by Charlie on YouTube

Meanwhile, if someone were to ask you what the largest organism on the planet is, I betcha you'd never guess the answer.  Here it is:






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!