You may recall that we began our school year with a study of the Tree of Life. We continued the theme with a gratitude tree (didn't get that one posted yet!). For February, we now have a Love at Home Tree of Life to help us overcome sarcastic habits. This is a tree of compliments and sincerity, value and support, an effort to bear fruits of love in how we think of and speak to each other.
It would be easy to create such a thing yourself (I have done it with our gratitude tree and other things) but I did happen to come across this super cheap Classroom Kit at Walmart and because it is plastic, I can reuse it if I'm careful.
It fits perfectly on a door (I did cut for the doorknob.)
The goal is for each member of the family to write one thoughtful, sincere compliment or appreciative/supportive statement about another family member every day throughout the month until our tree is crazily blooming in love.
Off to a good start:


No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!