Sunday, January 8, 2017

Oldies Primary Music - Primary Colors




I have been the Primary Music Leader in my ward for over a year now and one thing I'm determined to do is bring back the "oldies." There have been many new songs written for children that are truly wonderful and I have fully embraced those. But I do believe it is a shame to grow up in the Church and not know the old staples. Further, there are ways to tie some of these older songs in with this new year's theme. "Primary Colors" is one such song. Here are the "Primary Colors" visual aids I just created to teach this song. I am going to make the last page (pictured above) into a flag.


*********************************************************************************
2/11/17 Update:  The Primary children LOVE the flag! I highly recommend making one if you're using this song. I just printed two copies of the last page, taped them back to back and affixed them to a dowel.

If you have trouble getting to the downloadable document, please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!