Wednesday, February 17, 2016

ARKS--Not What I Had in Mind

So today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day, or as I prefer, ARK Day (Acts of Random Kindness makes a better acronym). After last year's experience I was really looking forward to an amped up repeat this year, and I even started preparing. But life has a funny way of turning things upside down. Instead of being on the giving end, I've been on the receiving end.

I have been seriously sick for a month. No exaggeration. I think I am finally firmly planted on the path of recovery from pneumonia, but now my body will feel the pain of trying to get active again. Always something! But through all this, I have been very blessed by a lot of great neighbors and friends who have done their share of acts of kindness on my behalf, and I have marveled at how much it cheered me helped me keep going. Having been reminded of just how good kindness feels, I'm even more determined to be kind myself.


From surprise bouquets of brightly colored flowers during the doldrums of a winter illness...


To many meals that were freely offered and prepared with love...  


To a daffodil in a soda bottle... To rides for my kids to church... To a prescription delivery... To texts just to see how I was doing... Every kind gesture warmed my heart and made me smile during times when I just didn't think I could. 

Sometimes we think these things don't matter, but they do. They really, really do! So always be looking for ARK opportunities--I will be, too!







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!