Climb every mountain,
Search high and low,
Follow every byway,
Every path you know.
Climb every mountain,
Ford every stream,
Follow every rainbow,
'Till you find your dream.
(From Rodgers and Hammersteins The Sound of Music)
We started the new year hiking (in 12 degrees). It was renewing and invigorating to me. Rather than symbolizing toil, trouble, and obstacles, to me a mountain means, "Onward and upward, to better things." I hope to take the urge to climb that I always feel when I see a mountain and energize myself in areas where I've stayed low too long.
Happy new year, and remember, the sun (and Son) is always shining!
Your family is so dang ambitious! 12 degrees! I call that painful and crazy. However, I must admit that the pictures you posted are so serene and breathtaking, I can only imagine how special that family hike was. And icicles inside of the cave?! How cool is that?
ReplyDelete