Saturday, August 2, 2014

House of Learning

P1 outside the Logan LDS Temple

"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;"

This scripture is found TWICE, word for word, in the Doctrine and Covenants, and it is the theme scripture for PEGS Academy (our homeschool formerly being called House of Learning).  Sadly we don't have the "house of order" part down yet, but we've spent years, and will continue to spend more years, working really hard on all the other parts, trying to make our home a house like this.  

I can't believe I'm hold enough for this, but a few days ago I had the absolute pleasure of attending the ultimate House of Learning, the temple, with my oldest son as he took out his temple endowment in preparation for his mission. It was enlightening and delightful. The best part was sitting with my son in the celestial room, along with my own mother and father and husband, for a very long time, discussing with him his experience and what he learned, along with the thoughts we'd all had seeing the newest film for the first time. Whatever else he has or has not learned on our homeschool journey, I am confident in the worth and wealth of the lessons and preparations over the years leading him to this point.

Families are Forever
P1, me, my husband outside the Logan Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!