It's not like my kids don't know anything about the Sahara. Much of what we've read and watched has included it. But I did want one specific activity regarding it. And because it's good to mix things up, I created a crossword puzzle on the Sahara.
There are many puzzle generators on the internet; some are free, some are not, and some are more user friendly than others. I tend to use Puzzlemaker at Discovery Education most often for creating puzzles. I also tend to copy/paste what's on the screen to Microsoft Publisher so I can manipulate things better for printing, too.
For this particular puzzle, I had the kids read a Live Science article on the Sahara first and then gave them the puzzle. All the answers were inside the article. It was quick and informative.
Here is my Sahara Crossword if you'd like to use it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!