So I broke my own rule. I told myself it would just be ONCE, but I've been breaking it again and again.
I love Christmas music. I have raised a house full of children who love Christmas music. When I was a child, I used to start listening to Christmas music in July. My kids usually wait until September or October before they want to bust it out, but I tell them to wait. I've been telling them to wait this year for the past few weeks now. Really it's because as I've aged I've come to appreciate autumn and autumn-y grateful reflections and I've created a playlist for this time of year that I continue to add to and want to enjoy.
But all heck broke loose when I opened my mailbox and found my pre-sale copy of The Piano Guys' new Christmas album. I just HAD to listen. I was only going to listen once, but...
Here are older videos of the first two selections on the album. Watch the videos if you want, or just close your eyes and listen. They're simply wonderful.
Not sure how much longer I can hold my kids off.
Merry Christmas Anticipation. It's always a good time to think about Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!