Never be afraid to listen to your teenagers and learn from them! For a recent Family Home Evening, one of my teens introduced us to Kahoot! We. LOVED. It. We played game after game, all of them centered on things relating to the LDS Church. He explained that they play Kahoot! in Seminary on occasion, and he's played it in some of his public high school classes as well, on those subjects. I was intrigued, then hooked, and stayed up that night creating a Kahoot! of my own to use in our homeschool the next day.
Kahoot! says it is "making learning awesome." I would agree. There are so many possibilities! You can look up and play any Kahoot! already created, and they exist for pretty much any topic, including the inane and absurd. (Because anyone can create a Kahoot!, some of them are... less than worthy. These can range from being ridiculous, to wrong, to basically illiterate.) There are some seriously good ones out there, though, and it really is a great tool for motivating, challenging, and engaging students (or families, groups of friends, co-workers, etc.).
Because my kids love these, and because they are easy to create and I can do anything I want with them to use them in our studies, I am all over this. Here are two that I created in the past week.
Reproduction in a Flowering Plant
Human Anatomy Pre-Quiz
In addition to using Kahoot! in our homeschool, I want to create some for future Family Home Evenings, family reunions with family history, and in other settings.
Try it!

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!