I've run into a few things while traveling this summer that I liked so much I just had to get them for the upcoming school year.
Coloring books are of course everywhere these days. The market is inundated with them and much of the time if you've seen one you've seen them all. But, at a truck stop in the middle of Idaho of all places, I came across this Inspirational Coloring Book for Girls that I really, really like. Each page has a scriptures verse and nice coloring page. It's perfect for my daughter. She is excited about it. I've challenged her to look up every scripture and mark them as well as memorize them. I haven't decided if this will be a daily thing or a weekly thing.
The Book of Coloring Art is something I picked up for myself. (Also at the truck stop!) Inspirational quotes and scripture with really lovely pictures to color, this book flows with serenity and wisdom. I will probably copy some of the pages to give to my kids at different times when I feel they connect with our learning or when a particular principal needs some focus.
A wait for the championship game and an unexpected rainstorm during a baseball tournament drove me inside to a bookstore where I found this Complete the Story journal on a bargain shelf. I love, love, love the tantalizing possibilities of all the unique story starters in this book! We'll be using this for creative writing this next school year and I can't wait to see the stories it leads to. I'm even excited to join my kids and write stories myself with this!



No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!