Sunday, January 31, 2016

Brilliant Britto Art

Do you know Romero Britto or his art? I didn't until I saw this Britto-Inspired Heart tutorial from Deep Space Sparkle. It looked like such a cheery project! I wanted to do these with my kids. Little did I know how much my daughter would be inspired by it; she was next to me when I first watched the video and after she went to bed she stayed up doing one of her own that very night!

The next day we learned a little about Britto himself, looked at some of his art, watched the video, and then got busy. We spent hours and hours doing these, not so much because they take a long time to create but because we enjoyed it enough to do multiple pieces, into the evening. Everyone did at least one heart piece, and then everyone started doing their own ideas. 

You know something is a hit when you see your kids doing it independently later. During down time for days afterward I saw my kids pull out the markers and cardstock and make something new. These are perfect for making your house cheerful and colorful for Valentines Day.

Here are our Britto heart art creations:



And here's the tutorial:







P.S.  Make sure you have a lot of fresh markers!










No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!