Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Spirit of God

It kind of feels like Christmas. That full, happy, peaceful feeling at the end of something wonderful and enriching, where you're standing at the intersection of holiday and tomorrow, blissful and still glowing but ready to cross the street to the "regular" days afterward. After a refueling, renewing weekend of General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I am always ready to go to work, at being better and doing better.

I continue to be amazed at how much Conference is filled with the Spirit of God. So much so that just a couple of chords from the organ at the Conference Center can start the tears flowing as I feel an enormously warm peace envelop me with the feeling that I am as close to "home" as I can get here on Earth--home being that Heavenly Home in the presence of my Father. There is something so powerful in the unity of the gathering of the faithful and the outpouring of  direction from prophets, seers, and revelators; try as I might I cannot find words to describe what I feel, but I know when I feel the Spirit of God.

If this isn't the sound of Heaven, I don't know what is.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!