I have felt the need to focus on the 13th Article of Faith with my children, breaking it down and getting very acquainted with each point contained therein. I could spend just one daily devotional per point, but I've decided to give each one at least a full week of our attention for maximum understanding and retention.
The following are resources and activities used for understanding, discussion, contemplation, and action in our week with honesty.
Songs:
"I Believe in Being Honest" (also used as copywork)
"Do What is Right"
"Choose the Right"
Copywork:
Proverbs 12:22 "Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight."
"To be honest means to be sincere, truthful, and without deceit at all times." (from True to the Faith)
"Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving."
-James E. Faust
From The Children's Book of Virtues we read "The Honest Woodman" and "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." Then for a fun twist we read The Wolf Who Cried Boy.
The Book of Virtues for Boys and Girls has a section on honesty. I read a few of the selections in it, but not all. To be frank, I didn't like all the stories in this book. I did love the examples from Abraham Lincoln's life.
And the perfect way to end "We believe in being honest" and segue into "We believe in being true" was with a fabulous talk from Ann Dibb titled, "I Believe in Being Honest and True."






No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!