Thursday, April 24, 2014
The PEGS of Our Homeschool Journey
PEGS Academy is the name I gave our homeschool after a lot of thought about the point of education and the outcomes I hope our educational journey together as a family will influence. As I listed values I hoped to instill, character traits I hoped to help develop, and attributes I wanted from our homeschool on a piece of paper, an acronym readily sprang to life: PEGS - Patriot, Elder, Gentleman, Scout. These are what I hope for my boys to become individually and each in his own way over time. And I do recognize that it takes time--sometimes even a lifetime. But as the acronym suggests, it's little things plugged in here and there that hold together something bigger; pegs fill holes, join parts, mark scores, define limits, and if they are on a wooden peg board they form hand and foot holds for climbing (assuming an imaginary peg board is relative in size to the ascending child). I do hope we're always climbing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you find these posts useful, I'd love to hear from you!